Monday, August 25, 2014

Moon Dough! Sensory Play in 2nd Grade

"What would you like to do today?" I say.

"How about something fun?" she says.

"How about some moon dough?" I say.



(excuse the random pile of stuff)

"This stuff is awesome!" she says.


"I like it crumbly the best!" she says.


Want to make your own moon dough? It's easy peasy.

You dump a pile of cornstarch on some wax paper (to protect your surface from the coloring). Then you squirt some shaving cream on top. The cheap, foamy stuff. Squirt a couple drops of food coloring and then mix it up. It starts out very sticky and the food coloring stained my hands, but the more you work with it the more it takes the shape of moon dough. If it stays too sticky add some more cornstarch. If it's too crumbly add some more shaving cream. Rocket science, right?

I got the idea on pinterest, so it's not me who is the genius here, but don't tell her that. She thinks I'm pretty awesome and I'd like to keep it that way. *wink wink*

What do you do to impress your kiddos?

No comments:

Post a Comment