Everyone should read this book with their children whether they do any activities to go along with it or not.
|The Rag Coat by Lauren Mills|
We will incorporate the lapbook found here at Aussie Pumpkin Patch into our studies of this book. When you see the abbreviation (LB) that item comes from this lapbook.
2. Compass lapbook (LB)
3. Things from long ago lapbook (LB)
1. Father’s words (LB)
2. How did Minna include father (LB)
1. Warm colors (LB)
2. Rag Coat lapbook cover (LB)
3. Make a quilt with felt squares and glue
4. Make a tied fleece blanket for a gift
5. Make crazy quilt with pattern scrapbook paper (choose paper that reminds you of events or people)
|Tied Fleece Blanket|
- Make your own compass
- Explore coal kit
- Identify different types of coal with this lesson
- Coal mining with chocolate chip cookies using activity found here
- Read p. 12-13 in DK Eye Wonder Rocks & Minerals
Make coal cookies from recipe in lapbook or make cookie bar coal from here . This recipe from delightful learning looks good.
- Movie: Christy
- Listen to some bluegrass music
- Listen to dulcimer music here
- Video for Biblical explanation of coal formation
- Play coal mining game
- Listen to Billions of Dead Things
In Coal Country by Judith Hendershot
DK Eye Wonder Rocks and Minerals
Growing Up in Coal Country by Susan Campbell Bartoletti
Appalachia: The Voices of Singing Birds by Cynthia Rylant
In Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson
The Keeping Quilt by Patricia Polacco
Ephesians 4:32 “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.