Here are my plans for the book Madeline (be sure to click on the pictures for the links to the activities). This one is waaaaay over-planned so I won't be using all of these activities, but I'd rather over-plan than under-plan. I like the variety and we can choose whatever we're in the mood for and still know we are covering a lot of stuff. So, without further ado...
- Look What Came from France by Miles Harvey
- Madeline Says Merci
- Usborne First Encyclopedia of Science
- How Your Body Works (Scienceworks for Kids Series)
- Madeline and the Bad Hat
- Countries Around the World: France
- French for Kids
Madeline Lapbook from Homeschoolshare.com - Select mini books will be used but not all.
- Madeline Lapbook from Homeschoolshare.com
- Vocabulary: Appendix, solemn, disaster
- Narrate the story while Mom types it
- Play the rhyme game (take turns saying rhyming words)
- Make a list of words that rhyme with Madeline.
- Madeline copywork: They left the house at half past nine in two straight lines in rain or shine—the smallest one was Madeline.
- Build Eiffel Tower with sugar wafers and frosting
- Draw cover with chalk pastels..
- Color coloring page however you want and then 2nd one in monochrome.
- Paint one side of a page with paint, fold and unfold to see symmetry or cut folded paper and unfold to see symmetry.
- Make paper daisies.
Digestive system (usborne First Encyclopedia of Science p. 28-29)
What happens to your food mini book (How Your Body Works p. 49-51)
Demonstrate 2 straight lines in a row (symmetrical) using manipulatives
Crepes (see recipe)
Make French toast with French bread
Eat French bread with dinner
Watch Madeline (the full movie, available at Library)
Sing Frere Jacques
Watch Countries Around the World: France (from Library)
Play Madeline card game
Paper city Paris by Made by Joel
Watch French for Kids (library)
I Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
Other blogs with cool activities:
What cool activities do you have planned for Madeline?