Wednesday, June 5, 2013

FIAR Five in a Row Planning for 2013-2014

It has begun... the planning. Isn't this the fun part?

I really enjoy planning units for us to learn together, but it can be frustrating when I don't have a good system to keep track of the work I'm doing. I tend to be a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of teaching Mama who doesn't do things necessarily in any particular order. So I created my own planner that I decided to share with you...

Literature Based Unit Study Planner 2013-2014

         

Please feel free to print this and use it as you like. (I plan to upload an editable version that you can type into and then print, but for now this is as far as I've gotten).

There are several things I like about this planner:

1. I don't have to assign a specific time to each unit because it is sorted by unit and not by weeks or months.
2. I can add and change things as I go.
3. I don't have to completely finish one unit before I move on to the rest of them.
4. I can use this easily with the Five in a Row curriculum and can create my own book-based unit studies to go along with our FIAR learning all in the same planner. How cool is that??
5. I can copy and paste pictures, text, links, etc. right into my (editable) planner to make it easy on me.
6. I can add pages as I need and change things as I go.
7. I can print the whole thing, nice and neat, and have it spiral bound at my local Fed Ex office store.


Coming up: I will post how I do my planning with links and pics.

How do you plan for your FIAR and other book-based unit studies?




     


No comments:

Post a Comment