Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Runaway Bunny unit




You should know that we decided to start this near the end of our kindergarten year and Before Five in a Row is really geared more toward younger children or children with younger skills. So I didn't use the B4FIAR manual to come up with my ideas. I just used the book list and added from there.

Since it's springtime where we live, what's better to learn about than bunnies? So, we decided to "row" Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown. It would be so fun to make a sensory tub with the Safari Piglets and Bunnies Toob. Kiddos always love to play with little animals. It would also be fun to compare the English version of The Runaway Bunny with the Spanish version and learn a few Spanish words from the story



We didn't spend much time on this book, but we did some really fun activities. We did some of the printables from Homeschool Creations. 


We also did some printables from Homeschool Share.


Daddy took her to a local feed store where she got to pet some rabbits and met baby ducks and chickens while she was there. We used the narration page that Jolanthe from Homeschool Creations has in her Runaway Bunny pack. Miss Princess told the story back to me and I wrote it down. Like I said, we didn't spend a lot of time on this one, but I'm learning from experience and getting more ideas for the other books. They will get better and I'll be sharing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment